The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Sunday, July 11, 2010

World's Best Dog Blog? Like Whoa


In case you missed the memo, and have no idea what the huge "vote for us for best dog blog" banner at the top of the page is about, let me explain. I was going through everyone Missy follows on Twitter the other day looking for pets in need of homes to re-tweet about. That's when I came across an organization twittering about winning a dog blog award. Dog blog award?!? Seriously? Seriously!?! LOVE IT! Oh man I had to check it out. So I did and instantly became obsessed! To win a best dog blog award, well it would be like whoa! In shameless self promotion style, I launched a Facebook campaign to get people to vote, vote, vote.

Ok, so let's get a tad bit real here. I don't for one second thing I have the world's best dog blog. I think our little blog is cute and funny and sometimes makes you think, but it's hardly award winning. I do put a lot of time and effort into it, but at the end of the day it's just not up to snuff with most of the blogs I read. But I am serious about trying to win. What a fun project and thanks to my super competitive nature, I am all in baby!

I'm going to work to make the blog better. First thing's first, re-focus it on Missy. It's about Missy most of the time, but not always. The funny thing about that is I think of all the posts on the page, the one not about her is the best written one. I'm also going to take more time to really gather my thoughts before writing. Most of the time I think about something to write about, write down a title on my little "future blogs" list, and then when I get to it I just start typing away. There's not a lot of editing. I type, spell check, and then read out loud before hitting the publish post button. Hopefully, if nothing else at the end of the day you'll get a better written blog.

So here's how I really feel about the competition. We are the ((pardon the pun)) underdogs. The black sheeps. The little blog that could, if you will. This is for every dog mom out there. For anyone who's ever talked to the their two and a half year old dog like she or he is a two and a half year old child. For anyone that's been at the vet at 7am, who has their doggie daycare number saved in their contacts list and for anyone who worries this dog mom phase of their lives will never advance them to the major leagues. So vote for our little blog if it puts a smile on your face a couple of times a week. World's best dog blog, like whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment