The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Technology Hates the Missaroo

I hate technology. I know that sounds like an unbelievable statement coming from a news producer with a blog, but it's true. Now don't get me wrong, I love my crackberry, and I'm addicted to twitter but I also own the cheapest TV Target sells and I have basic cable. And when it comes to computers, I don't have the slightest clue outside the Internet.

Yesterday, my six year old computer made it's way into technology heaven. I was told at Best Buy today a 6 year old computer is the equivalent of 126 years in people life. I took good care of it and we had a good run. I knew yesterday was coming. I had been buying it time by taking off all of my pictures and important documents. But alas, it succumb to the abuse I put it through on an everyday basis with my blogging, tweeting and facebook updating. I was sad to pack it up and put it in my closet. What do you with a dead computer anyway?

I stressed about the thought of purchasing a new computer for two reasons. One, a new computer means I won't be eating for the next three weeks and next quarter's tuition money is in jeopardy. And two, because I don't know where to begin when it comes to buying a computer. I had to ask someone at work where to even go to shop for one. I took a poll as to what to get, desktop or laptop. Then I had one of the production assistants help me out with what it was to look for when shopping. But the scariest part was entering the store alone and making the decision by myself. I wished I could have taken the Missaroo in with me for moral support. I think I would have felt better buying a brand new car on my own then a brand new computer. It was another "I really wish I had a man" moments for me. Who knew bees and computers had something in common?

Really, the bottom line is I hate going through this kind of thing alone. I find myself at work often saying things like, "don't worry, I got this" or "I'll make it work." That's how my mom raised me, to survive, get through things, and essentially carry the world on my back. But it would be nice to hear the words said my way for once. "Don't worry Brittany, I got this for you." It's never happened and it seems to be getting farther and farther away from becoming a reality. It came close once, the time I walked all the way from the South Hill to Downtown, but he went away and I started a blog.

I did buy a computer today so I'm a little hungry. I almost had a panic attack at Best Buy, but I didn't. I'm just about done setting everything up. I also got the laundry done and cleaned my entire apartment. I can get through things, I guess this was another lesson for me on that front. But I don't know if that thought of "why, WHY do I always HAVE to do it alone?" will ever go away.

Oh and by the way, technology fails and cleaning equals a bored Missaroo. She hates technology but likes the extra space underneath the desk. I bought a laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment