The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bees!

I'm not allergic to bees, I don't think. I am not 100% sure though and for this I blame my brother. He's been stung twice in his life. Once as a little kid. The first time nothing happend. The second time he was 13 and his fist blew up to the size of his head. My grandma was picking us up from school that day and instead of taking us home we made a stop at the ER. I've been stung once. The first time I was six. Nothing happend. Now I'm afraid to be stung a second time.

Over the last few days every time I go to sit down on my balcony it seems as though a bee was flying at me as soon as I opened the screen door. I was on the phone with my mom and I was telling her about it. I was headed out the door with the Raid to spray along the top of my balcony when I figured out why there always seemed to be a bee there. I found a very tiny bee nest right above me.



I called maintance and they basically told my wait until morning and then knock it down yourself. Um, great. So in the meantime, Missy and I were kicked off our own blacony. I was afraid to let her out there because usually if she's outside the screen door is open so she can come back inside. She was not happy those bees were keeping her from sunning herself. She is a star now, afterall.

This morning it was time to knock down the bees. It was one of those moments when I REALLY wished I had a boyfriend. Instead little old me grabbed the broom and went to town. The scarest part was the only way to get to the bees was to open the screen door and leave it open to swat away. So if I was unsuccessfull there was a very good chance those angry bees would be headed for me. Luckily, I was able to knock them down. Oh, and yes I screamed as I did it. Now Missaroo is back out on the balcony. She doesn't even know I'm her hero. Darn those bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment