The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, July 2, 2010

"Sorry" No You're Not

I hate when people throw out "sorry" as a forgive-all type of word. It reminds me of two year olds who learn to say please. They use it all the time in hopes it will get them something, not because it's the polite thing to say. This trend seems to stick with some adults in the form of "sorry." They say it, but they don't really mean it. I remember when I was a kid and I would try to throw around the word "sorry." An un-sincere "sorry" got no where with my mom. She would often reply back, "Yeah, sorry you got caught." Or "If you were truly sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place." Now I often times find myself at least thinking, if not saying the very same thing. Here's my dog mom example:

Missy and I were trapped the other day. We were walking along when we spotted two large dogs ahead of us who wanted to eat Missy. Missy being not-so-smart wanted to try and eat them right back. No matter how you cut it, it was bad news bears all around. We crossed the street and with the "dog mom grip of death" I walked her out of there. But then a little small yippie dog came barreling down the street from the other direction at us. Missy wanted to eat that one too. We couldn't turn around toward the big dogs, we couldn't move forward because of the small dog, and there were houses to either side. We were trapped.

Following a little too far away from the yippie dog was what appeared to be the owner, or at least the adult who seemed to be taking responsibility for the escapee. He wasn't calling after the dog, nope just running. When he got to the dog and picked it up, he said "sorry." I didn't reply but what I was thinking was, "No you're not, or you wouldn't of let the dog out in the first place."

I think by now we all know my biggest pet peeve is dogs not on leashes. I also hate owners who think opening up the door to let your pet pee is properly caring for the dog. No matter what, I don't for one instant accept this man's apology. I didn't even get an "I'm sorry." Just "Sorry." And maybe that's what I really should have said, "apology unaccepted, next time use a leash."     

No comments:

Post a Comment