The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Sunday, August 1, 2010

All the Wrong Reasons

Our funny, little dog blog is nearing the sixth month mark. It's hard to believe you are still reading this and more importantly now you are voting for us for world's best dog blog. You guys are really great. It's amazing that everyday I come up with something knew I want to do in this world and everyday I have people in my corner telling me I can do it. And the best part is, recently I've freely been able to tell people my ideas without anyone saying something ridiculous to me like "how much is that going to cost me?"

My most recent thought about what I want to do reconnects me not only to the blog ((which I love)) but also to my grad school pursuits ((which I also love)). I read the latest blog post on PetsAlive ((there's a link on this page to it)) and it made me realize as much as I love this little blog there is so much more I could be doing with it. It's time this blog isn't just about what the Missaroo and I do everyday. It shouldn't just be about my every thought either. It's time to spice things up and take it to the next level. It should be about making a difference.

I love telling stories about the Missaroo because she brings such a light to this world. She lights mine up that's for sure and she puts smiles on faces where ever she goes. I'm hoping she will inspire people to consider adoption first. Adopted is our favorite breed by the way. So I guess what I'm saying is we'll still tell our funny stories about running into polls and buying life jackets, but we'll also work harder to keep all those pets who aren't as lucky as her in the back our minds.

I want to spark this blog into something bigger than just us. It started off as a way for me to vent, which I've done. It started as a way for people to keep connected with me since I'm pretty darn far from my loved ones. Done that too. Now it's time to find ways to do all those things and help pets along the way. Not sure how exactly we are going to accomplish this goal, but like everything else in our lives we'll manage. I look forward to this new adventure with all of you. Thanks for sticking with the Miss-Adventures of Me and the Missaroo!

No comments:

Post a Comment