The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Good Night's Sleep

Missaroo and I haven't been sleeping very well lately. ((And if you think it's weird that we both wouldn't sleep well at the same time, well I'm not really sure why you read my blog then))

A couple of nights ago, she wouldn't come to bed. Usually this means she is sick, so like any good dog mom I went to check on her. She seemed fine but definitely wanted to be alone. That's fairly strange for the Missaroo. She usually HAS to be with me all of the time, and I've gotten so use to that I don't like it when she doesn't want to be around me. On top of that, she's been twitching in her sleep a lot too. You know, that dog dream run thing they do. Of course, that makes me feel bad, like the reason she isn't sleeping well and having dreams like that is because we aren't getting enough exercise during the day. I feel like a dog mom failure.

My worry wort status doesn't begin and end with the Missaroo either. I've been tossing and turning most nights as well. I've had a lot on my mind lately, but nothing that really stands out as to why I'm not sleeping. I always have a lot on my mind.

Then last night rolled around and for the second Sunday in a row I didn't feel like death by the time I got home from work. Missaroo and I stayed up until 10 and then headed to bed. We both slept like rocks. The only thing that woke me up was the realization she was laying so close to me, her head was on my back. It took away all my dog mom fail feelings. It felt great to know we both got a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment