The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Too Long Without the Missaroo?


I've mentioned earlier that I'm soon heading home for a five day quick trip to see my cousin get married. I decided to leave the Missaroo here after reading an article about how many dogs die a year on air planes. The Missaroo is not my cargo she's my best bud. The more and more I think about it, the more I wonder who's going to have a harder time with it.

Ideally, I would like the Missaroo to stay in the apartment and find a dog sitter. Worse comes to worse and she'll spend the five days in daycare/boarding and I'll be praying she doesn't come home with another illness. The last time I left the Missaroo for more than a day was 2 weeks after I adopted her. I had already planned my trip to Illinois months in advance and couldn't cancel just because I decided a dog was for me. Missy spent the two weeks with her foster mom in a place she already knew. This time we don't have that option.

But the truth is, I don't know how well I'm going to do without her. She goes everywhere with me. And it certainly means no blogging during that time, unless I'm in tears over missing here, which could happen.

It really is just the two of us. We don't close doors. We drive-thru everything. We take short car trips together. She lays on my bed within arm distances of me every night. This might be the longest five days of my life. I'm worried she'll be stressed about being left. I'm worried I'll cry over her stress and my sadness over missing Missy.

1 comment:

  1. If it's any consolation, Brittany, Brenda had to leave her baby boys (dogs), Rex and Rascal, at day care for five days while we all took a road trip to MN. She, too, was leary and aprehensive about leaving them, but when we got home, they were well and had a good time with the other "kids" and had adjusted just fine. We all had a good time, and so did they. She learned that they like to lay in the kiddie pool on hot days. You will have the fun of a happy reunion when you get back to WA.

    ReplyDelete