The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Year in Review

A year ago yesterday I moved to Spokane. A year ago tomorrow I started my job at KREM. I know its seems to have become the catch phrase of this blog, but what a difference a year makes. I thought I would take the time to look back on our year here. Don't worry, tomorrow we'll look ahead too.

So what have we accomplished since moving here??? When  it comes to the Missaroo, quite a lot. I wanted to get her into daycare. Although, in the end it didn't work out, we did it, she loved it, and we have a great doggie hotel to fall back on when we need it. ((she'll be spending 5 days there when I fly home)). I wanted to give her a real home. I think the Missaroo wasn't sure what was up with all that moving around we did before I found a job. She was a confused dog and it showed. She didn't have a routine or schedule, and she sure as heck didn't know what belonged to her. Now she has her stuff and I have mine. She's never chewed anything that didn't belong to her here. She's also come to figure out that the crate isn't so bad after all, because after all, that's where all her stuff is. I've also been able to give her everything a dog needs. She now had her own food and water bowls, she has a real doggie bed, and she's been micro chipped. From here on out we can focus on adventures, not stuff. Now I can start to give her experiences and even that we've already gotten started.

When it comes to me, I rather look at the last 6 months, from the time the blog started. In that time, I've finished three quarters of graduate school and healed the broken heart-ness that motivated the start of this blog. And on that second note, I've actually discovered something else. The broken heart-ness has turned into a great friendship. We were great friends to begin with who moved too fast, and I fell too hard. I had to dump the friendship when he dumped me, but now we're back to being good friends. That's uncharted waters for me. I've never been able to do it, but it's working out well and I couldn't ask for a better best friend in all of Spokane.

When it comes to us, the Missaroo and I have continued to bond. She is my best bud too and the love of my life. I've learned we can make it through anything. I've also learned she makes my life better and has given me a new found purpose. This blog and her Facebook page are making a small difference in the lives of animals. We won't stop animal abuse or adopt out every animal that needs a home, but I'm proud to say we have saved exactly two lives. It is such an honor to know people are reading our stories and then going out an adopting pets of their own.

It's been a crazy, hectic year full of life adventures. I have no regrets and I wouldn't change a thing. We love our lives and we're doing the best we can with what we have everyday. Here's to another year in Spokane! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment