The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, August 23, 2010

What's with the Scratching?


We all know that I think almost everything Missaroo does is adorable, especially in those moments when she reminds me that she is in fact a dog. But the key word here is almost.

Recently, she started SCRATCHING the floor! It doesn't seem to be doing any really damage and the marks go away when I vacuum, but I'm still not a fan. This is a new thing too. I thought by now I would have seen all the Missaroo has to offer in the strange behavior department. And because it's a new thing, it makes me nervous.

What would cause her to scratch the floor like she does throughout the apartment? At first I didn't think too much of it, like she was trying to get a bug one time or something. But it's continued for weeks and the scratching is getting more and more aggressive. Not good. I have been scolding her when she starts up and that does get her to stop. My next question of course is how do I get her from starting altogether? And of course what's with the scratching in the first place?

Any suggestions? Have you had a pet that does that too? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment