The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dog Mom Perfected

I strive for perfection in everything I do and get upset when others around me don't seem to strive for it as well. But what I am not, is perfect. And I think that's where both the fun and frustration in my life comes in. Most of the stories I love to tell over and over again, ((and blog about)) are the ones where Missaroo and I are involved in some sort of mishap. Even the other day, we were running ((yes literally)) across the street to go pick up my car from the shop. I got to the other side and realized a car was coming and my credit card was in the middle of the road. It's one thing to risk my life for the credit card, its quite another to take the Missaroo down with me. Luckily, I manged to keep her on the sidewalk while I got the card, and managed to scrap my arm across the curb in the process. I'm sure the drivers flying down the road got a good laugh at me. I bet it was pretty hilarious.

These types of stories flood my everyday life and make me who I am. And the Missaroo is always right there with me as my vivacious sidekick. When it comes to her, I also strive for perfection, but that illusion is shattered every time we take a walk. We will always be the ones that have to cross the street when another dog comes our way because it will always be her that freaks out. We will always be the two who run into poles or scrap our arms on the curbs. Imperfection is the name of the game.

I think I need to re-define my definition of perfect. I am constantly striving to be the idea of womanly perfect. Super women in the 21st century. Perfect mom, producer, student, and all things domestic. What I need to realize is that's just not my life, nor is it Missaroo's. Instead, I need to strive to be dog-mom perfect. To have a GREAT time with my dog everyday. To be great at work and school will always be at the top of my never ending to-do list, but what I don't need to worry about is being perfect for someone else. Dog moms aren't kid moms. There's a BIG difference. So it's time for me and Missaroo to start living within our means, and I'm not talking financially, I'm talking emotionally. And I do mean we. I can't be dog mom perfect without my Missaroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment