The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, April 30, 2010

Unapologetic

I often describe "The Miss-Adventures of Me and the Missaroo" as our funny, little blog. And I really do hope that's what it is overall. But more than that, it truly is about out lives; what we do, and think, and feel about our world everyday. I do get very personal in it and that's also the point. This blog has become an outlet for me and sometimes I write things I don't have the courage to say. If someone asked me how I was doing I don't think I would reply with, "well Webmd says I'm depressed." Maybe I've written some things that have been hurtful, for that I'm sorry but I don't take one word back because it's my overall view magnified in certain situations.


Here's a few cases in point. I wish I could tell this guy how much he hurt me, broke me, made me sleep under my desk I was so depressed. I can't and won't. Does it make anything I've written about him untrue? No. Do I hope he never reads it? No. I wish he did know what I have to say about him, I just don't have the courage to do it. So I write it.

In the last blog "Life Adventure," you might think I was being too harsh on my dad, he probably thinks so from the conversation we had about it. I love my dad. I never really tell him that because I don't have the courage to. Does it make that any less true? No. But my dad and I have a very interesting relationship. We don't talk about real stuff, never have, never will. There is no one who makes me more upset, leaves me frustrated, ((ok well maybe my brother on that one)), or who makes me laugh more than my dad. I think he can be completely ridiculous when it comes to priorities and getting things done. Sorry but I do. I wish I could tell him that, but I can't so I write it. But he's also probably the smartest, honest, and humblest person I know. I don't have the courage to tell him that either, so I wrote that too.

I am overall unapologetic about what I have to say in this blog. I don't want to hold back, but I also don't mean to attack. What I do want is an honest way to share my feelings. My mom often tells me that I'm weak because I cry. But I'm unapologetic for that too. I think everyone has a right to feel however they want. That's what this blog is about. It's why I love Missaroo so much.

Missy is her and unapologetic about it. Missy barks because she feels like it, licks because she feels like it and jumps on you because she feels like it. She is going to make me deaf from that barking, is annoying with the licking, and recently cut the side of my hand open when she scratched it while jumping on me. All of it hurt me, but it's a part of who she is as a dog. I think it's A OK to feel the way you do and so our blog will continue to be unapologetic.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I love you...and your blog. :o)
    --Stacie Vasko

    ReplyDelete