The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy to Come Home to You

I write a lot about the Missaroo as my kid, but I realized today the best part about Missy is that she's my dog. Over the weekends, I work A LOT. There is no doubt that Saturdays and Sundays are the hardest days for me. Today was another long day at work. It was also beautiful outside, or so everyone who came in the door told me. Great, good to know. I'm inside and my dog is sitting in a crate. Way to rub it in. That's how I feel anyway. I trip to smile and give it my ole, "yep so I hear" reply. I don't think I'm fooling anyone with it but they kept telling me about the wonderful weather anyway. So, after all that the only thing I wanted to do was come home to my wonderful dog.

Missaroo is a disaster when I walk in the door. She can't wait to be free, to go potty, to see her mommy. I can't wait to see her. She is all I think about at the end of a long day. And the best part is, no matter how long I have to leave her, no matter what happened at work, no matter what's still to come, she is ALWAYS happy that mom just walked in the door. To her nothing else at that moment matters. I too often take those moments for granted. I'm often on the phone with my mom when I walk in the door, or I'm too busy trying to hurry up and get her collar on her. Next time I come home though, before Missaroo comes bursting out of the crate, I'm going to take the time to enjoy it; That exact moment when I see that happy, smiling puppy I'm so happy to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment