The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And I Thought I was Being Lazy

If there's one thing I hate, it's dogs NOT on leashes. It is one of my biggest pet peeves. I can't tell you how many times dogs have gotten up into Missy's grill with their owner no where in sight. Missy is NOT friendly. She wants to rip those other dogs' heads off, I kinda feel the same way about the dogs' owner.



So today, Missy and I were going for our usual potty run around the block. Once again, a dog without a leash came running up to her, no owner anywhere. Well luckily this happened to be a pretty laid back dog. She just looked at Miss as if to say "what's with the growling?" and then continued to sniff the ground. Missy of course was into attack mode and I had to drag her down the rest of the street. Well as we're approached maybe the fifth house or so away from the dog her owner COMES OUT OF THE HOUSE! At first she thought maybe Missy was her dog done with her business and coming home. Nope. I couldn't believe it. She had purposely let her dog out of the house, closed the door behind her, and then a few minutes later was SURPRISED her dog was down the street!?! Then she just stood on her porch calling for her dog, who was not listening to her.


I always feel pretty lazy in the morning when I only take Miss down and around the block so she can do her business, but at least I actually take her. I don't just open up the door and the check back on her a few minutes later. As someone who works at least 40 plus hours a week and goes to grad school, let me vent this: YOU HAVE TIME TO WALK YOUR DOGS!!!! And please, please, put your dog on a leash. It prevents them from getting into things they shouldn't and prevents my dog from attacking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment