The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, April 5, 2010

No Miss, This is Sleepy Time

Probably one of the most quoted lines from any movie in my family has got to be "No wakey, need sleepy." If I have to tell you WHAT movie that's from, well we just can't be friends.


 
I am convinced Missy is just a nap-er. She thrives on four hours of sleep. I thought maybe this was a phase she was going through when I first got her. I blamed it on my overnight work schedule, her adjusting to a new home, her being pretty young. ((Missy turned two in January in case you were wondering)) But it's been more than a year and this dog still isn't big on sleep. Last night was another prime example.


On Sundays, I basically feel like I got hit by a freight train by the time I get home from work. If I can make it passed 60 Minutes it's a miracle. Yes, I magically turn into a 70-year-old on those days.

So Last night we went to bed around 10:30. Whoa! That's late for me on a Sunday. So sure enough, at 4am Missy is up and has to go to the bathroom. Now, I can't complain too much. She is super good about waking me up to go to the bathroom. She has even gone as far as pulling the blankets off of me in order to get me up because she had to go. She does not have accidents in the house. But 4am! Come on Missaroo! Then at 8am it's barking at the neighbors, because once again she's awake staring out the window. This is pretty much routine. Missy wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30 every morning either to pee or because she's just can't sleep. I take her out, I feed her, but before 8:45 I tell her, no Miss, this is still sleepy time. No wakey, need sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment