The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, April 16, 2010

Let the Barking Begin


Missy loves to be out on the balcony when it's nice and sunny out. We've been lucky over my weekend to have some of the best weather we've seen in Spokane. Yesterday we went for a nice, hour long walk and the only thing I wore was my Coug T-shirt and a pair of shorts. It was great.

So in the mornings when I get up I take Missy's new bed and put it out on the balcony for her to lie in. But it's not long before the barking begins. Missy pretty much barks at anything to begin with, but it's worse now that we live in dog hell. This is probably the nicest set of apartments on the South Hill that allows dogs. Trust me, I'm paying through my nose for this place and I don't even want to talk about the deposit I had to give them. But they have the market cornered, nice place meets pet friendly. So everyone here has a pet, and most of those pets are dogs.

Now a lot of these dogs are barkers like the ole Missaroo, and that's the problem. They are all out on their balconies, or patios and when they hear Miss start to bark or vice versa they start to bark, and it becomes never ending. And of course, nine times out of ten it's Missy starting the dog bark-athon.

The worst part might be that I just kinda let her. As I've mentioned before, there are few activities Missy engages in that don't require my attention and energy, the barking happens to be one of them. I'm sure she really pisses off the neighbors though. I mean she pisses me off when she stares out and starts in with the barking anytime before 9am. Sometimes I try my best to kick her from under the covers!

Now yesterday when she started barking all I could do was laugh. I was sitting out on the balcony reading for class and Missaroo was inside. She then comes running out and she's not barking she is straight up howling! She paced along the balcony sticking her nose between the bars and then would howl. She was barking at a smell. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. So add that to the list of things that make Miss bark, movement, wheels of any kind, other dogs, cats that won't play with her, and smells. Let the barking begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment