The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Dog-Mom Who Cooks? Kinda

It's time to take a quick break from the Miss-Adventures of the Missaroo. Although I work my self into every post, this one is more for the dog-moms out there then for the fans of the Missaroo. Hopefully everyone is a fan of the blog no matter what I post!


My big thing these days is learning how to cook, and I do mean learning. For anyone who knows me well, the fact that I've even attempted to cook meat in the oven is nothing short of a miracle. 90% of my life, cooking was a skill I decided NOT to learn. I didn't want to cook, didn't want to be "domestic". It's actually something my mom instilled in me at a very young age and in so many countless ways I am grateful for. My mom raised me to be anything I wanted to be, but never anyone's maid. Now that I'm older and hopefully a little bit wiser I've learned that my mom was so right! I can be anything I want to be and that includes a housewife, IF I so choose and the opportunity were ever to arise.

The whole cooking thing actually started back in November. I had met someone ((who yes has been referred to several times throughout the blog)) and I was determined to leave my comfort zone behind in order to show him how much I liked him. There is nothing more outside my comfort zone then cooking. I decided for his birthday to make him a meal. And it worked! I did it and you know what, it was actually quite fun! So then it kinda became my thing. I would make him dinner a couple of times a month. It was fun to have someone who was willing to try anything I put in front of him, and most of it turned out pretty darn good. I kept it simple, pastas, meats, that sorta thing. Now I'm ready to try real foods and more recipes! I even started following Rachael Ray on Twitter!


There is one problem with my new found hobby. Who am I making all of this food for? The other day I made two dozen cupcakes. What in the hell am I going to do with two dozen cupcakes??? Missy can't eat them. And as much as I love my dog, the thought of cooking for her is just too over the top crazy dog lady for me at this point. Cooking kind of goes against my whole dog-mom image. Dog-moms are sort of the anti-kid-moms. At least that's how I've always looked at it. I'm not really sure what to think about it, except that I'm probably way over thinking a simple hobby. But I think you can see where I'm going with this. Am I one step closer to kid-mom, at least in my own head if not in reality? .... maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment