The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Thursday, April 22, 2010

No Room in the Bed

When I went to go to bed last night, I discovered Missy had not only beaten me to the punch but she was curled up in my spot with her head on the pillow. ((I know, I know, I should have taken a picture of it)) This is a problem for a couple of reasons. 1) I am allergic to Missy. ((See "Avoiding an Itchy Itchy Fate for more details)) 2) It makes it that much harder to move her over.

Yes, Missy sleeps on the bed with me. She's done this from the very beginning and trust me when I tell you this was never the plan. The day that I met and adopted Missaroo her foster mom told me Missy was use to sleeping in the bed. I thought, "oh no, that is NOT happening with me", mostly because of my allergies. The first week that I had her I slept in my recliner so she would hopefully get use to sleeping on the floor. That never happened. I couldn't keep her off the bed and we were still a month away from starting doggie classes. I was a new dog-mom and I didn't know what to do with my crazy dog. She had A LOT of social problems, sleeping at the foot of the bed became a battle not worth fighting.

Soon that sleeping at the foot of the bed became sleeping right next to me. Missy has to be touching me in some fashion as we sleep. It's annoying and appreciated all in the same breath. So this is why last night was quite the problem. I TRY to move her over, but that's so much easier said than done. I froze most of the night because I couldn't get her to a place that didn't pull off half of the comforter. I did get plenty of sheets however.

So there we slept, right smack in the middle of my queen sized bed. Both lying vertically like a couple of people. The Missaroo really does have it good. That's when it occurred to me there's just no room for anyone else in here, is there? Now bare with me for a moment, it's time to go off the deep end a little, unless of course the whole her sleeping in the bed wasn't already off the deep end enough for you....

Missy doesn't share, AT ALL. I'm definitely a single dog mom in that sense. And as much as she loves the men, she's not ready for one to take up her half of the bed anytime soon. So neither am I. It would take A LOT for us to open up our lives again to someone. I'm not saying dating is out of the question because I have a child like dog, but I am saying starting to share our lives again, not happening. Missy and I both tried to open up, commit, and allow another person into our lives. It was great until it wasn't. Now I realize my mistake and we need to be even more selective than we already are when it comes to sharing. There is simply no room in the bed for anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment