The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, May 3, 2010

Adopt a Pet Month

Did you know that May is adpot a pet month? I adopted Missy and would never think to get a pet any other way. There are so many animals that need a good home out there. Missy and I encourage you to take the time to look into pet adoption. Maybe you are unsure if a pet is right for you at this time. I know what a big undertaking/responsiblity it is. I live it everyday, but it is so worth it in the end.

When I first considered getting a dog I just went looking to see what was out there. I started by looking the local humane society website. From there I discovered Petfinder and that's where I found my Missaroo. There is also a blog I now follow http://blog.adoptapet.com/ that is also helpful. Recently I came across a dog named Libby in need of help through Spokanimal's Facebook Page. Libby is in need of surgery and a good home. I was about to make a donation when my car and cell phone both went out at the same time. If I can get my bills paid down to a reasonable amount, I'm hoping to give to her cause, even if it's only $20. I would ask anyone who can to try and help Libby out or any other animal this month.

If everyone could help one animal in need during the month of May, we could really make a difference. Please consider it.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."


~ Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment