The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Prize Possessions

Ok, so this is another one of those all about the dog mom blogs, but as always you know I'll work the Missaroo into the mix.


There are three things in this world that I own outright. The first is my car. It is bought and paid for and the only thing I could ever use in the real world as collateral. Sure it's a 1997 Toyota Avalon that recently needed about a thousand dollars worth of work, but it's a great car. I've never had any major problems with it, and considering its 13 years old, a thousand dollars a year on it isn't all that bad. Without it, I wouldn't have made the two thousand mile trek to Washington. I loaded everything I owned in it and drove that baby straight across the country. If I hadn't owned it outright, I wouldn't have been able to get my first apartment either. Like I said, collateral. Sure, I'm always thinking about getting a new one, but that probably won't be affordable as long as I'm still in my 20's. You wouldn't know it from looking at it, but my car means a lot to me.

The second is my education. It is the one thing no one can ever take away from me. My college graduation was the most important day of my life. The only thing that could top that would be my wedding day and since we all know I'm pretty sure that day might never come, graduation still holds up as the best day of my life. In fact, someone I once considered to be my best friend made excuses as to why he couldn't come to Macomb that weekend even though I had a ride planned to and from for him. Needless to say, we no longer speak. I am currently working toward my Master's Degree. That graduation will be equally as important and I might cherish that degree even more than my undergrad work, but my days at Western Illinois and all that I accomplished there can never be outdone.

The third of course is the Missaroo. She is the love of my life, my kid, my best bud, and always the only thing I come home to. I don't have anyone in the state of Washington I really consider a friend. My one Washington state friend moved to Texas recently and before that we hadn't really hung out in a long time because we lived on opposite ends of the state. I have people at work I've hung out with a few times. One producer, Kristen, is probably the closest to a friend. I think she's a super person but we don't get to hang out too much because of our schedules. I have wonderful family in the Tri-Cities, but family is not the same as a friend. So I have Missy. And I own her outright too. I have the paperwork that shows she belongs to me, she's my dog. She is also my most prized possession and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment