The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Missaroo and a Kitten too!

Missy loves cats and so do I. In fact, my mom has a cat that I found when I was in seventh grade and made my parents take in. His name is Goldie and I wish he lived here with me. But enough about my parents, remember my mom is censoring me.

I've wanted to get a cat now for a long time, but I wonder how well Missy would do with a cat. She's very happy with the whole only child thing she's got going on. She's also very energetic and might scare a cat that has been abused or a young kitten. So I've convince myself we would have to get an older cat who has a feisty side, someone who could put the good ole Missaroo in her place. She could use a quick paw to the nose now and then, especially if she's up in another cat's grill. We did live with a cat in the TC during our "in between time" but that cat was very independent and we were very much coming into his territory. This would be a much different ballgame.

Now don't worry, I won't be getting a cat anytime soon. My mom thinks I need another pet like I need a whole in my head. But anyone who's been keeping up with the blog knows I have a lot of love to give and that darn clock is ticking, and another pet might help calm it down a bit. But it would have to be the right cat.

Another problem is, I keep saying "we" as in Missy and me. I think of us as a we, I blog about us as a we, so would a cat have a chance to come into that "we"? I think Missy would love to have someone to play with. But again, I'm thinking about Missy, not the cat. Missy and I are inseparable and I worry not so much about that dynamic changing, but about a third anything coming in and feeling, like well a third wheel. Then again, maybe it would be a good thing, for both of us. It's a little unnatural how much time we spend together. Maybe it would be best for both of us to open up a bit. I would definitely have to worry about Miss being jealous, but just as much I'd have to worry about a cat feeling left out. Is there room for Missaroo and a kitten too?   

No comments:

Post a Comment