The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Thursday, May 6, 2010

When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go

Every morning Missaroo is up with the sun. She has to go to the bathroom. On a good day she goes at about 6:45am and 8:45 am. On a bad day its 4am, 7:45am, and again at 9am. She is super good about waking me up, I moan and complain and try to just rollover on her, but she won't let up. I'm very grateful, because if it's sleepy time and she's wining it really only means one thing, she has to Pee. Right. Now. I rather be woken up then clean up an accident.

I would be a hypocrite if I complained too much about her always having to go to the bathroom, because I am notorious for always having to go to the bathroom. It's plagued me my whole life. I have found the bathroom in every grocery store, K-Mart ((remember those)), and restaurant I've ever been in. When I go somewhere new I often ask the people I'm with things like, "how's the bathroom here, is it clean?" And then I'm surprised when they don't know because they've never used it. What? You don't have to pee all of the time? Hmm....

In fact as I got older, I just stopped drinking or eating before I went anywhere. Solid food or not, it would probably make me pee. Even now, I can't tell you how many times in the last 8 months, I've booked it to the bathroom at work. I drink a lot of water and Pepsi while working on shows or the web and I'll want to finish and hit the save button before I get up. And then it requires a bit of a hustle getting there.

So what brought this up? Last night at my class we didn't get our break. Every grad class I've had we've gotten a 5 to 10 minute break depending on the professor and how much we had to cover. The classes are 3 hours long, so it's nice just to stand up after a while. Last night the professor kind of forgot. By the time he realized it, the snack shop was closed. Being a guy, he didn't think too much of it and said oh the place is already close, I guess we'll just leave 5 minutes early tonight. You should have seen the groan from all of the women in the room. I turned to Tiffany ((the woman who sits next to me, I'm three for three when it comes to sitting next to her)) and was like oh man! And she was like I really have to go to the bathroom.

When class let out, Tiffany and I were the first two out the door. We usually gab about the class as we walk out. But we were on a mission, no talking this time just bookin it to the bathroom. As I was washing my hands, slowly but surely every single woman in my class made her way into the bathroom. I had to laugh a little to myself and I immediately thought of Missy. I knew the first thing I would do ((as always)) when I got home would be to take her out to pee. She's a girl dog after all and when you gotta go, you gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment