The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Best Buds Day, Interupted

Sorry It's taken so long for me to post about our Best Buds Day. I had a couple of rough days at work. I'll leave it at that! So now I'm trying to remember Friday. I'll do the best I can.

Friday was rather cold in the morning when we got our day started so I dressed accordingly.....
Then we hit the road and headed to Manito Park right here on the Hill. We checked out some of the different gardens....

And made sure to stay on a leash...


But Missy still managed to take in some smells and even made some friends along the way. We were stopped by a mom and daughter who asked if they could pet her. They told me how the recently had to laid down their dog who was also named Missy! They were happy to meet her. 


It also happened to be field trip day at the park. I was happily singing along to Mon Cheri on my Ipod when we turned the corner and HUNDREDS of kids were standing on the path. They had just gotten off the bus. We got a lot of "Hey I like your dog" shouts. I waved and thanked them.

Missy also took every opportunity she could to pee...


We wandered the park for more than an hour, and I do mean wander. There are so many paths and gardens I never end up taking the same way twice. In fact, we sort of got lost for a little bit and had to turn around and go back the way we came. We only sent about two hours on our best buds adventure. Some of my family from the Tri-Cities came up for a visit and I ended up going to lunch with them. Missy did have a good time saying hello to them though. I wish we could have spent more time on an adventure but the spirit of the day was still there. We went somewhere new, we spent time enjoying the day, and we spend qualities time together. I can't wait until next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment