The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, September 3, 2010

Just in Case

My mom doesn't often humor me without being asked, "Can you just humor me ma?" But this time she played along. I called her yesterday and asked her to write down the name and number to Missy's pet hotel, just in case. You know, just in case the plane goes down? Yep I'm one of those people. I think if you say it out loud then it won't happen. Fingers crossed.

I also made my mom promise if something were to happen to me, she has to come and get the Missaroo. Now, my mom would probably come out to get the rest of my stuff anyway, but the rest I don't care about, I only care about what happens to the Missaroo. I promised her many times in the last year and a half she would never have to worry about going to a shelter or back to a foster home. She has a forever home, and I do mean forever, not just as long as I'm alive.

I told my mom, "you don't even have to keep her, I bet Dad would take her in a heart beat." She asked if I had actually talked this over with my dad to which I replied, "no of course not". Because I know I just have to Tell my mom somebody else will take her as long as she comes and gets her. Once she flies here and back with the Missaroo there is no way she'd actually let anyone else take her. I used the same kind of tactic on my mom in the third grade. We had a class bunny and spring break was just around the corner. We could all put our names into a drawing to see who would take the bunny home. I convinced my mom everyone wanted to take the bunny home and the chances of my name actually being picked were slim to none. Turns out I was better at convincing then the other third grades and ended up being the ONLY name in the drawing.

Well at least this time my mom knows my plan. I told her all about how I'm just telling her she won't have to take the Missaroo so she will come get her but I know she'll actually keep her in the end. She laughed at how well I have this all planned out, but wasn't at all surprised by any of it. But remember, this is all a "just in case" plan. I have to make sure my puparoo is taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment