The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Countdown Has Begun

I have exactly two nights left with the Missaroo before I leave her for five. She is officially going to doggie daycare during the day and pet hotel at night. I'll drop her off before I head to the airport. I might just cry.

I think she's already figured out something is going on around here, even if she doesn 't know what. Starting with Friday night when I got home from a party, she has refused to leave my side. She's also sleeping extremely close to me at night, like a person. It's cute and a nice extra layer of warmth on what's turned out to be several chilly nights.

But I figure it will still probably take her a day or two to figure out I've really left her. That gives me some comfort as to how she will adjust, as for me? I'm just avoiding thinking about it all together..... Deep Breath..... I can do this.

I know one thing, I'm really, really looking forward to that greeting she'll give me when I go to pick her up. She'll probably bark the entire way home and it won't be long until I'll wonder why I even missed her in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment