The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The End of Summer

Summer is coming to an end and the Missaroo and I did a horrible job at accomplishing our goals. I really wanted to take her swimming. Fail. I did buy her a doggie pool and filled it up with water once. She hated it.

I also wanted to have her Facebook page "The Missaroo" really take off. We were able to get a handful of new people to join, but sadly I'm still four away from my goal of 120. Her Twitter account has also come to a standstill. Apparently I'm not so great at social media. Chalk goal number two up to another dog mom fail.

Lastly, I wanted to come up with a continuation of Best Buds Day. It was something we did throughout the month of May. ((I guess that's the producer in me. I basically did it as a blog "Sweeps" idea)) Every Friday, Missy and I headed some place new to walk and spend time together. It was great fun, but I quickly ran out of places to take her. I wanted to come up with new and fun ways to entertain her this summer as well. I did a better job at it than the other two goals but still not great. Fridays in the summer turned into Pet Store day. Every Friday we walked down to the Petco and walked around the store looking at the critters and smelling all of the doggie treats. We would also sometimes drive to Petsmart in addition to our walk and spend some time there as well. Late in the Summer, I discovered Tubbs Hill in Coeur d'Alene. I wish I would have known about it earlier. That hike was AWESOME! I wish it would have been our Thursday thing to do all summer long. We will go again tomorrow if the rain holds off, but this late in the year, there are no guarantees. 

I do want to say a big thank you to everyone who reads our blog. It helps keep me accountable for the goals I set and forces me to look back on the progress I've made. Without you, these would simply be thoughts in my head. Each and every one of you make me a better pet owner day in and day out. So the Missaroo thanks you as well. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment