Thursday, September 23, 2010

And So It Begins

Missaroo is mad. She's so mad, she barely let me sleep last night, which in the long run is only going to make her more mad. Why is the Missaroo so mad? Because yesterday was my first day of class.

The day began a few minutes before the alarm went off. Missy's internal "have to pee" alarm clock typically goes off any where between and hour to three minutes before the actual alarm does. This time it was ten minutes. Just enough time to take her downstairs and come back to the sound of the alarm clock. For a dog, she has a great sense of time.

Then we hit the road running, but it was only a few hours into my day that I hit the road running, alone. Missy spent about three and a half hours alone in the morning before I finally made it back to let her go pee again. 45 minutes later I was out the door again and didn't return until after 9pm. Just in time to let her go pee again ((are you starting to catch on)). Then it was time to finish up the to do list and make dinner. Then one more trip out the door for me without the Missaroo. By the time I finally rolled back in for the night, all I wanted to do was get ready for bed and go to bed. That made for one unhappy puparoo on my bed.

I begged and pleaded while I mumble to myself how I just wanted to sleep. Mommy needs sleep honey, we'll walk tomorrow if only you let me sleep. A few barks and another pee break three hours later and she finally left me alone, until the time she had to go again before the alarm went off this morning that is. Bribing her with milk the night before turned out to be a horrible idea.

Unfortunately for the Missaroo she's going to have days like that. Yesterday was an extreme with meeting after meeting and appointments all morning long. But they will happen. I'm doing my absolute best to take not good but GREAT care of her. Today we'll hit up the pet store and the park to try and make up for last night. But this is only because I don't have homework yet. I hope I can keep it up though. Luckily, my energy level remained pretty high throughout the day, until I passed out around midnight that is. 

I'm doing the best I can to burn the candle at both ends and still be there at the end of the day for Miss. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment