Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blogging from the Road

Sorry I didn't come up with a more clever title for this blog post, but hey, I'm blogging from the road on about four hours of sleep and I'm about to tell you my airport story from hell. So gear up.

I dropped the Missaroo off at pet hotel/doggie daycare at 6:30 this morning. Boy was she excited when she finally figure out where she was going. She knew she was headed somewhere, especially once her bed made its way into the car, but she wasn't so sure where this latest adventure would take her. She wined the WHOLE way there. It made me feel terrible. BUT once we pulled into the parking lot it was a whole other story. She was happy as a clam, or a dog about ready to spend the day running with the other puparoos. The bad news was, at 6:30 in the morning, there was only one other dog there. She happily strolled down the hallway without looking back. I was still saying goodbye to her when she had made her way to the other side of the door. She was pumped! I was not, but I didn't cry after all. Not yet anyways, there's still time.... BECAUSE it's 4:30 and I still haven't left the state of Washington. I did, however, manage to make it an hour in the opposite direction from Chicago. That's right, I'm blogging from Sea-Tac airport in Seattle.

So how did I get here? Well I arrived at Spokane International Airport around 8am and everything seemed to be going great, until we went to board the plane. It turns out there was one little boy who just couldn't keep his hands to himself. He ended up pulling the lever that makes that little connectible tunnel go up and down. He nearly ripped the door to the cabin right off and much to every one's horror our flight was canceled ten minutes after boarding began.

A two hour wait in the ticket line later and I was told the earliest I would be landing in the Windy City would be midnight or about 11 hours from that moment. Awesome. I had to fly out of Seattle no matter what at this point so I jumped on the first flight to Sea-Tac. Here there is Wi-Fi, food places, and even Butter London. I ended up treating myself to a 15 minute back massage. If I'm going to have to wait, it might as well be here instead of Spokane. So here I sit, waiting for my flight with this unbelievable story to tell. Who knew I could have this kind of adventure without the Missaroo?

Tomorrow I'll be calling daycare to see how she's doing. Hopefully I'll be able to update you along the way. You can also keep up with me on Twitter @bdollymargaret

Hopefully the next time you hear from me, I'll be in Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. Gah that sounds terrible! I hope you have a great time in Chicago though!