The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Saturday, June 26, 2010

WHACK... Again

Missy and I were talking our usual walk around the large block yesterday. As we were rounding the corner, she heard a dog barking but she couldn't figure out where it was coming from. We stopped for a second. The dog was inside a van parked on the side of the road ((don't worry, there were a couple of people in there with it so the doggie wasn't frying or anything)). Missy still couldn't figure it out but it was time to move on.

I tried to get her going and then she did it... again, this time in slow motion, and the worst part is this time I saw it coming but couldn't do anything about it. Missy didn't turn her head all the way around, took a half a step and WHACK! ran neck first into a pole. I BLAST LAUGHED and then covered my mouth as tears started to form behind my eyes. For half a second before it happened I went to yell HEY! but then I realized she wouldn't know why so I didn't say anything, I just braced myself for her impact by gasping. And unlike last time, this happened in the middle of the day and had a witness. Some guy was driving by, heard my laugh, and turned and looked. I don't know what was probably more funny to him, my dog smacking her face into the pole or her owner busting a gut at it. I couldn't even breathe, let alone walk. I almost just sat down from laughing so hard. It is probably one of THE funniest things I have ever seen in my life, mostly because this time I saw it coming. Don't worry the Missaroo wasn't hurt, maybe just a little embarrassed. She seemed pretty happy still, but she did jump on me and push me a bit with her paws, as if to say, "mom don't laugh at me, it isn't THAT funny." Oh but you're wrong Missaroo it was SUPER funny. Love you Shmooie!

No comments:

Post a Comment