The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Love is.....

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres" 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

I've fallen in love twice. Once with the perfect man, second with the perfect man for me. Neither time did it work out. Falling in love is a weird adventure. It just sort of happens. But when it only happens to one of the two people involved, it can be the hardest thing in the world. Trust me. Falling out of love might be even harder. It's not like you can wake up one morning and decide you don't love someone anymore. For me, falling out of love has taken about ten times longer than falling in love. What a strange concept. In fact, I'm not sure if you ever completely fall out of love, maybe the love just lessens? I look at my parents. They've been divorced for more than a decade. But I don't think my mom or dad would ever hesitate to help each other if they really were to need it. They don't wish ill upon each other. And I think they've both come to forgive each other for whatever it is that happened. BUT there is no way in heck they'd ever live together.

There are many things in this world I say I love. I throw the word around to loosely most of the time. I can list TV shows I love, things I love to do, and things I love to eat. It's great to have a lot of love in your life, but it should also be a sacred thing too. There are also people in my life I love. I have two best friends who I say "I love you" to. And by looking at the Bible verse above, I can confidentially says it's true. I also love my family.

Then there's the Missaroo. I was lying on the couch the other day watching TV and I thought, I love the Missaroo. More than that, the Missaroo reminds me what love is according to the Lord's will for us. She reminds me to be love, embody love. She teaches me patients BIG TIME. ((But I think the Lord still has a long way to go with me on that one. I feel like he's always testing my patients)) She teaches me to be slow to anger, to forgive quickly, to protect, to trust others, and always, always, always persevere. The Lord has a plan for all of us, there's no doubt about that. But the overall plan is to LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment