The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, March 1, 2010

We Lived in Sprinkler Hell

Another sure fire sign of spring, at least in the Tri-Cities, is the mass amount of sprinklers. For those of you unaware, the TC is a high desert climate. But they have greener grass there then we've ever had in Illinois. This is because of the mass amount of sprinklers. In the neighborhood Miss and I lived in last it was ridiculous! We were actually trapped inside our apartment once because of it. We just both sat by the window and watched them. We would be forced into the street during walks to try and avoid them. Crossing the street was pointless because more would just pop up there. Right when I thought I had had enough, we were walking down the street and heard a hissing noise. Both of us stop, until I realized it was the sprinklers popping up out of the ground. Before we could move one shot me straight in the butt. I had to kick Miss in hers to get her to move while I'm yelling, "move it, move it, move it!" Thank God I was wearing my navy blue shorts and not my light gray ones! Luckily, it was also about 90 degrees that day so my butt dried rather quickly. Anyway, the moral of the story is I hate sprinklers and use to live in sprinkler hell. Hopefully Spokane isn't as bad. Considering we seem to have a semi-hippy, green mayor I'm not expecting it to be a problem. But let me tell you, if I see a sprinkler watering a staircase or parking lot I'm calling it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment