The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Wonder If I'd Be A Good Kid Mom

I like to think of myself as a pretty good dog mom. I mean, the Missaroo is healthy, happy, adorable, and spoiled. How many dogs have their own blog! But I'm horrible about making her actually behave. She's my dog and I love her and we've been through A LOT! At the end of the day I just don't kick her in the butt and make her less annoying. I always think, if she were my kid that would be different. Mostly, I don't like the fact that I can't reason with Miss.


I often times find myself using phrases that are unnecessary for dog moms. Whenever I open up the oven I say, "Step back Miss, you don't want to burn yourself." Or when we're getting out of the car I say, "Ok Miss out of the car, wait for mommy." Miss hears Charlie Brown's teacher. I wonder if that's part of my maternal instinct coming out. There have also been times when I've pulled the old "soccer mom arm save" in the car with her.


All of these things make me wonder if I really do have what it takes to be a good kid mom. I mean, like a GREAT kid mom. Maybe. Sometimes I wonder though what is a bigger fear I have, not being a great kid mom or never having the chance to find out. I don't mean that in a "whoa is me" kinda way either. I mean that in a very "this is my reality" kinda way. I honestly believe there is something that I project that men pick up on as me not being "wife and mom" material. The two times in my life I have wanted to be in a relationship with someone I've always gotten the, "you're a really great person" talk. AKA I don't think of you as a woman, dude. The last month certainly brought that back into the fore-front of my mind. Maybe it really will just always be the miss-adventures of me and the Missaroo. But, hey that's ok. Miss is not big on sharing anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment