The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You Could Never Disappoint Me Missaroo

Disappointment might be the worst feeling of all. In case you haven't been able to tell by my recent blogs, the last month or so has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. The ride is almost over because now, on top of everything else, I have been disappointed and stabbed in the back. I'm not sure there's a faster way to ensure I will cut ties with someone. The last time I was this disappointed I was a senior in high school. Sadly enough, it was also alcoholism that was the cause of the disappointment, although I think the alcoholics in both cases can take some of that blame as well. I came home beside myself with a plethora of emotions on Sunday that ranged from anger, to hurt, to complete sadness; Mixed all together, those emotions equal disappointment.

So what does this have to do with the Missaroo? I realized no matter how many times I get frustrated with her disappointment is not in our emotional range. How can you be disappointed in a dog? It's just not possible. The best part about Missaroo being a dog and not a person is that she can never disappoint me. She could never stab me in the back. Missaroo can't lie to me. All she knows how to do is love. Dogs are by nature happy creatures. She's happy to walk, to sleep in the sun, to eat, to lick my face off. Sitting next to me on the chair is one of her favorite things. Not only that, but when I am disappointed, it is the Missaroo who comes running at me just happy that I am home. She doesn't care what happens outside of our cozy little world. I wish I could be like that too. Another life lesson learned from the Missaroo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment