The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, March 8, 2010

Feeling Like a Guilty Mom

So I had to take a few days off from the dog blog. I've been a pretty busy gal. Today I had to work all day before heading off to class to present my term paper. Class got out late and I didn't make it home until 10 pm. I almost didn't even recognize my apartment when I finally walked back in. Since I was gone for about 12 plus hours the Missaroo went to daycare and is staying the night at their doggy hotel. Another way to say I boarded her. I started to miss my little star while I was sitting in class around 8pm. I thought, wow it's been more than a year since we've spent even a day apart! I'm so sad. But then as I was driving home after my long day I realize, HEY! I don't have to go home, take her out of the crate, walk her for a half an hour, feed her, and then spend the rest of the night trying to clean myself up and get ready for tomorrow while she wined, barked, and clawed at me. What a relief! No Missaroo equals time for ME! Something that hasn't happened in the last week or two. I celebrated by taking a shower and throwing my clothes on the floor. No Missaroo to chew them up! And then got back to blogging. I feel guilty being pretty darn happy she isn't here right now. Ok WAY guilty. BUT like kid moms, dog moms need some time alone. No barking in the car the whole way through the drive-thru. No coming home and cleaning up dog throw up. ((She's definitely a puker)) No freezing cool walk when all I want to do is collapse. AWWWWWW! SO NICE. It will make me a better, happier mom tomorrow when I go to pick her up. Even dog moms need to take some time for themselves every once in a while. We'll be better moms for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment