The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, February 19, 2010

Why I (Day) Care So Much

I often get strange looks or replies when I tell people I'm taking Missy to daycare. Yes, that's right, she gets dropped off at doggy daycare downtown about once a week depending on my schedule. Well I guess there are a couple of reasons for this. First, when I was a kid we had a dog named Harvey. He was a German Shepard, super smart, and BIG! We loved that dog to death but were not the best owners. Harvey spent most of his day chained in the backyard or in the basement and all he ever wanted to do was run. But with two small kids and one big dog it just never happened. When I got Miss, I made her a promise she would have a better life than dear Harvey did. Missy also loves to run, I do not. She is also an apartment dog. Now granted, the Miss and I walk about 90 minutes a day in decent or better weather. But she still comes home and wants to play, I want to rest. Now that I am going to grad school and working it has been even harder to give her all the energy I have. So she goes to daycare and RUNS for HOURS with other dogs. That's all they do is just play naturally. She loves it, I love it. And at the end of the day, well a picture is worth a thousand words right???

No comments:

Post a Comment