The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, February 22, 2010

Missy Needs a Dad

WARNING: This might be our longest, most personal blog yet, be prepared to sit down and enjoy!

I started referring to myself as Missy's mom during Petsmart training classes. ((Which I highly recommend by the way)) Our trainer would call us moms and dads. She also has a nickname for Missy, "Crazy." I thought it was silly at first, but the more Miss and I have been through, the more I've embraced the roll of mom. For those of you who know me fairly well, you know I have a very strong feeling Missy might turn out to me by only child much to my own mother's chagrin. That being said I came to the conclusion last week that the Missaroo needs a dad. Now, this has a lot less to do with my single status then you might think. Let me explain.

I think you are starting to get the picture that the Missaroo is a high energy dog. She loves to run and play, and Missy loves to play aggressively. I think if I would wrestle her to the ground everyday she'd be a pretty happy camper. I play rope with her, I chase her around our apartment, I throw the tennis ball around, and I take her for walks. That's my roll as mom, but the men in Missy's life have been more willing to get down on the floor and play with her. As previously mention, the love of Missy's life was probably the best at playing with her, although their interaction was short lived. I would come out of the bathroom and he would be lying on the floor hiding her bone from her while she was attacking him. At first I thought she had just gone nuts, until I realized he had her bone. This is not something you'd find me doing. I do consider myself a pretty out going dog-mom overall. But there are some things I think a dad could just do better.

So how do I feel about this? I would love to find Missy a dad. Does this mean I'm in the market myself? Well, I've never been one to say I'm looking, I'm not looking. I wear my heart on my sleeve and I don't ever turn something down because the timing isn't right, but I'm not about to force anything either. Currently, both of our hearts are broken. Like I said earlier, I'm a dog-mom and like any single parent you can't just bring men in and out of your baby's life. Unfortunately for Missy, I think this means it might be a very long time before she has another man in her life to fall in love with too.

No comments:

Post a Comment