The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reinventing

Soo... some of you already know, others have started to ask questions, either way it is time to set the record straight. I quit my job. I gave my two weeks and walked away from the only world I've ever known. I am no longer a producer, and there is a good chance I never will be again. I will miss it more than anyone realizes. My reasons for leaving are too many to list and too complicated to explain. The bottom line is, I need to follow my heart and do what I love surrounded by wonderful, positive, supportive people. Without support right here in Spokane, my job and ultimately my career, became impossible. As anyone in the news business will tell you, the only reason we do what we do is because we love it. When you no longer love it, BOLT! Seriously, we work crap hours, in crap conditions, for crap pay and we all sign on the dotted line knowing that. When you don't love it, there's no reason to stay.

Soo... "what's next?" a lot of people have asked me. For the first time in my entire life my answer is: I don't know. There is no game plan, no to do list to guide the way. I am just relying on the good Lord, my Bible, and my heart to guide me. I have some hopes. I hope to finish going to school. I hope to find something I love. I hope to find someone I love. And I hope to spend more time doing the things that I love. Mostly, I want to live my life.  For right now, in order to move forward, I am looking at this as a closing of a chapter and an opening of a new one. I just don't know yet what that new chapter will be. I am looking forward to it though and I feel better already. I smile, I laugh, and I have yet to panic ((which is totally unlike me)). Just job searching has been fun! Seriously fun. And although this is only unemployment day 2, so far, so good. Carpe diem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment