The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Watch Your Step!

Having two dogs to walk can be a bit of a challenge. Especially when they've been cooped up in their crates and they just want to go, go, go. As you know by now, the weekends are the worst! I'm super tired by the time I get home and they are full of energy. When they are overly excited it makes the walk more difficult. They become rather scattered brained.

It's only happened twice, but with them running, and stopping everywhere, I've accidentally kicked Mister in the butt. He is pretty notorious already for going after something directly in front of me a moment after he passed it. It's nearly impossible to avoid him when I don't see it coming. I do not have ninja like skills after a ten hour work day. ((Not sure I have them on a day off either)) Even when I do see him coming, or at least react faster, it still requires me to lift my leg up and around him. One of these days I'm going to trip and fall.

Missy use to be a much worse walker as well. She would dart this way and that way, always pulling. But obedience class and a lot of work helped break her of some of that. Now she's pretty good about walking in a straight line. Mister, not so much. It reaffirms the fact for me it would be ideal to take him through obedience class as well. It's getting rather difficult to watch my step.

No comments:

Post a Comment