The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, February 11, 2011

Vet Trip Times Two

Missy and Mister had their first vet trip together on Thursday. Let's just sad I'm really glad the vet is only down the street. Taking the two of them anywhere, quickly turns into an ordeal. Missy travels easy with her seat belt, although she barks the entire time. Mister requires an extra trip down the stairs with his crate and Missy's blanket to protect the backseats. I need to get a dog carrier for him, but in the meantime, it's just the crate. Then its back up to take the dogs and get them into the car. A third trip allows me to grab my bag and lock  the door. Then we're off to the vet.

As soon as we walk in, another adventure starts. Missy wants to go one way, Mister the other, while I struggle to fill out paperwork. It's a new vet for both of them so I had to go back through Missy's files to look up her shots. I knew she only needed kennel cough and a check up, but they needed more than my word. Then of course, another dog walked in, and we all know how well Missy does with other dogs. The reception gal finally let me put them in an exam room so I could finish up.

It's funny. Missy is always the dominate one. She is the barker, the big sis, and little Mister-Mister always looks like he's about ready to cry. But in the exam room, roles quickly switched. The moment Missy walks in, all of her swagger melts away. She will only sit right next to me, and we have to be touching the entire time. On the other hand, Mister came right out of his shell. He strolled right up to the vet and give her a kiss. He even let her pick him up and carry him around. Miss kept her distance. In fact, I had to pet her while he was being examined to keep her from barking. I didn't want her to freak him out. In the end, they both did great and took the shots like troopers. Then it was home for a quick nap, for them of course. I'm glad the vet appointments only come once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment