The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Don't Eat Yellow Snow

I thought taking Missy potty in the middle of a blizzard was challenging. I thought taking her potty in three degrees was challenging. But the biggest challenge of all has been trying to take her potty when the snow off the sidewalks has turned to slush and the snow piled high on the grass is taller than she is. Then where do you go? That's been the question we've been asking ourselves over the last few days.

There were a few times she braved it and jumped right into a pile of snow. I wish I had my camera as she tried to climb her way back out. She's also gotten a bit creative with finding snow drifts and shorter piles, but then that causes her to lift her leg to peepee as if she's a boy dog. I'm not too thrilled with the idea of an identity crisis in my precious girl doggie.

The beautiful snow turned nasty slush has also kept our walks short. Instead of about two 30 minute plus walks, we've been doing more like 3 15 minute walks. It's tough to walk up and over snow piles and slush. My feet feel like they are always wet! Missy's too of course, so I make sure to wipe her down when we come inside.

I really don't mind the winter being a Midwest girl myself. This is what I'm used to. I feel bad for poor shmooie though and the trek she has to make three times a day just to go to the bathroom. She takes it all in stride though. She's never one to complain about the elements or conditions of her life. As long as she's still loved at the end of the day, everything turns out A-OK in her book. Another lesson we can steal from the Missaroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment