The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, October 29, 2010

We're Awesome!

The Missaroo and I are currently without cable. Well we're without TV of any kind actually. I got sick and tired of Comcast raising the bill on me every few months so I switched to Dish. Long story short they haven't stopped by to install it yet. ((Not so happy with them either right now))

So in the meantime, we've been watching TV shows on my computer instead. There are a lot of upsides to this.... like I can watch my shows anytime, I don't have to sit through as many commericals, and overall it's just more convenient. BUT there are a few downsides as well, the biggest being comfort. I don't have wireless Internet because I use my laptop like a desk top mostly. It stays plugged in at my desk in the kitchen. So I sit in my desk chair and watch TV. Missy hates this because there is simply no room for her on my lap this way. Not cool. Then I got an idea.....

I thought wouldn't it be cool if I could just drag my recliner over to the edge of the carpet and watch my computer from there!?! I looked over at Miss and said out loud to my dog, "mom doesn't live here, I can do whatever I want!" Sometimes I forget that I don't live with my mom. I think that's the sign of really good parenting. Her words of wisdom stick in my head even after 8 years of living apart. With that said, I put my genius motion in plan. I pulled up the recliner, grabbed a blanket, and hit the play button. It wasn't long before Miss was sleeping on my lap while I watched my shows. Life was good and we were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment