The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Little Things

Every 12 weeks or so I blog about how crazy busy my life is and how my messed up work schedule this month couldn't hit at a worse time. I blog about how tired I am and how much Miss is unhappy. All of this is true. And while there are many benefits to going to school and working hard at my job, there are also smaller more memorable moments that keep me going through all of this.

One of the times when I woke up from wrestling about in my bed last night, I discovered the Missaroo with her head on my back. She was curled up so tightly and so close to me, she actually felt like a person. It was then that I remembered what she's really mad about during these crazy weeks. It isn't so much how little she gets to play, it's how much she misses her mom. I miss her too. The funny thing is I stopped with the rolling around after that.

Another great moment came in class on Wednesday night. I mentioned to my grad school buddy Barry some of the things I have going on at work. He was amazed at what I throw on my plate but also said to me with 100% confidence in his voice and without hesitation. "You'll nail it. Go get 'em." Wow! It was really one of the nicest things someone has said to me in a really long time. I don't usually have someone supporting me like that, other than my mom of course but she's my mom.

These moments are few and far between but they mean the world to me and keep me going. There are people in my life I wish I heard or had these kinds of moments with more, but I can't force them and I can't expect people to think and feel something they just don't. I'm thankful for my life and my Missaroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment