The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, October 8, 2010

Spread the Love

For those of you who haven't checked out The Missaroo Facebook page, it's all about spreading the love. I'm not really sure where I came across this phrase "spread the love" but it was one I couldn't get out of my head. I'm pretty sure I stole it from somewhere, I just can't remember from what or whom. Anyway, The Missaroo spread the love campaign is really all about staying positive when life gets you down. Something you know I've struggled with. But it's been the Missaroo that has gotten me through, one lick of the face at a time. So I decided to pay it forward via Facebook.

Missaroo and I are ready to spread the love in other ways now too. We are ready to love. Since the start of this blog, the last thing I've wanted to do is date someone new. I didn't even want to think about dating or putting the Missaroo and myself out there again. Truthfully, 99% of the men I've dated haven't come close to even meeting the Missaroo. I will definitely try to keep it that way. We all remember how she wouldn't come to bed and sat by the balcony door for two weeks straight whining. We aren't going down that road again.

But I feel like I'm maybe ready to open up my life again. I think school has really helped me with this. It forces me to talk to all sorts of people and tell them a little bit about myself. That has been my jumping off point.

Now, I'm unlikely to run out on a date tomorrow. But just the fact that I'm open to the idea means I've come a long way since February. And the face that I'm open means an opportunity is more likely to come my way. It's time to give people the benefit of the doubt again, thanks to the Missaroo and her spread the love campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment