The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Common Sense Isn't Always So Common

WARNING ANOTHER GROSS BLOG HEADED YOUR WAY:

I like to think of myself as an expert when it comes to picking up dog poop. Three times a day, every day Missy has to go number two. As a responsible pet owner and overall fantastic dog mom, I always make sure to clean up after her. I'm never caught without a poop bag. In fact, the few times I do venture out without the Missaroo I usually get embarrassed by the fact there is a poop bag hanging out of my pocket or flapping around in my purse. But hey, at least I'm always prepare. The worst thing you can be is a dog mom with a pooper on your hands without a poop bag.

So that being said, I pretty much have the bag inside out, pull through routine down. I can do it with my eyes closed. So when my mom told me this story the other day I thought to myself, if you can't figure out how to pick up dog poop how on earth can you function? I mean it's not nearly as complicated as a diaper for instance. The story goes like this:

This lady and her daughter are walking along outside my mom's house with their new dog. My mom is sitting outside with her husband watching the whole thing go down. The responsible pet owner pulls out her plastic bag and the her GLOVE. She picked up the poop with a glove and then put it in the bag! My mom just about died. She almost stopped breathing re-telling me the story over the phone. She said she immediately thought of me. I asked is she had the heart to tell the woman to just turn the bag inside out, pick up the poop, and then pull the bag right-side out again. My mom said, no because she was laughing too hard.

I'm probably going to hell not only for laughing at this poor pet parent, but also for turning around and blogging about it her, but I just can't help it. I guess common sense isn't so common after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment