The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gimpin' It

Ever since I fell on my ankle, the dogs have not been on a true walk. That was Sunday. In fact, for the first few days, I could barely take them out to go to the bathroom without crying from the pain. For Missy's birthday then spent the day at doggie daycare just so they could play and run. It was a life saving maneuver for all three of us.

Then yesterday, my ankle was feeling pretty good and I tried to take the dogs for a longer walk. Now, my ankle is killing me again. I forgot how hard it is to walk the two of them. There's a lot of changing directions, avoiding other dogs, weaving in and out of people and cars taking up the entire street. A lot of holding them back and redirecting them when they see a cat or squirrel. It takes a lot of work and a good ankle. I feel so bad for my doggies but a day at doggie daycare costs about what I make in a day so its a win-lose overall.

I'm hoping this ankle will heel before the dogs revolt and leave me since I can't really walk them anymore. It's tough gimpin' it around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment