The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mister Man

It's hard to believe my little Mister Man is going to be two years old tomorrow. Which also means it is hard to believe he's been a part of my life for the last year. And what a year it has been! Mister was potty trained, had knee surgery, took on the Missaroo, and survived to be my morning cuddle bug. I am constantly impressed by his adorableness. Sometimes I think, "what am I doing with this little Chihuahua?" and then he falls asleep on me.


Gosh! What a cutie! In the past week I've also been thinking a lot about why I decided to adopt Mister in the first place. Yes Missy needed a buddy. Yes he just looked too much like the Missaroo to pass up. Yes their names must be fate. But more than that, he was adopted because I wanted him. When I turned 25 my biological clock went into overdrive. All I could think about was how much I wanted to have a baby. I convinced myself no one wanted to marry a stressed out news producer determined to climb the corporate ladder. Lots of other factors played into my decision to leave my career but I think that had a huge role. Six months into realizing I wasn't living the life I thought I would be at 25 I adopted Mister. His job was to silence the ticking clock. 

I'm 26 now, going on 27and the clock's ticking has now managed to sync up with my heartbeat. It's something I can't silence with another animal. But as they say, acceptance is the first step. I can't do anything about it and even without the stressed out job I'm no more appealing as a potential mother than I was a year ago. What I do have is two precious babies I wouldn't trade in for the world. 

I have come to terms with my role in life as dogmom. Mister reminds me of that every time he plays the part of my cuddle bug or falls asleep in my lap. With every adorable picture I take, the closer I come to being at peace. I've learned to live more like Mister: This is my life right now, I can't keep waiting for it to start. My babies are already in my lap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment