The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Friday, January 21, 2011

Introducing Mister

Missy has a brother. We made the trek to the Tri-Cities to adopt Mister yesterday. He looks like her 8 pound mini-me. The resemblance is truly uncanny. And like everything else we do, it was truly an adventure. From the hours of barking on the way there to nearly running out of gas on the way home, Missy and I just don't like to do things the easy way.

I was unsure how this whole second dog thing was going to go down with her. If she threw a big fit there's no way we'd come home with him. Missaroo is, and always will be, the center of my world and if there's anything you should have learned from our little blog by now it's if Missy isn't happy, nobody in this home is happy.

Missy and Mister got along surprisingly well. She really didn't seem to mind him too much once she got a good sniff and she enjoyed having someone to run around with. I'm really happy she has a playmate. But there is an adjustment for both of us. Missy has to learn to share. She's doing pretty well with sharing her toys, but not as well about having to share her mommy. And truth be told, I worry about balancing the two dogs. How do I not favor the Missaroo? And at the same time how do I not favor Mister too much? It's been an emotional day to say the least, mostly because I've come to realize the bond I have with the Missaroo is so beyond a normal dog human bond. I have an emotional attachment to Missaroo that is hard to equal with anyone else, let alone another dog.

One thing you don't have to worry about though, this is still Missy's world we are all living in, and that includes this blog. It's still her's. The only difference is now she has a sidekick.

No comments:

Post a Comment