The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Missaroo!

It was two years ago today that I found the love of my life, Missy Mae. She was a shy dog looking for someone to love her. I was a shy girl in need of someone to love. We were then and still are the perfect match. Today, on her birthday, I wanted to write about our special bond.

Missy has been so much more than my dog or even my best friend. She has been my emotional support, my therapist, counselor, and licker of my tears. And that, at the end of the day is what we have, an emotional bond. I have trouble sleeping when she isn't curled up next to me, I cried when I had to leave her for days, and my face lights up whenever any asks me about her. She is the center of my world, my happy place, my everything. The day she dies will truly be the worst day of my life. She is the biggest and best blessing the Lord has ever given to me. I thank him all the time for the Missaroo. I could not have made it through these last two years without her.

And by golly, what a couple of years its been! From Kennewick, to Spokane. From working overnight, to all hours of the night. From lonesome to in love, right back to lonesome again, Missy and I truly have been through the good, the bad, and the ugly. We've gone on plenty of adventures, and when there was nothing else to do we made our own. We did it all together, side by side, one step at a time.

So I just wanted to let the birthday dog know how much she is loved. And in case you were wondering what she got today. Well a nice groom, a pretty bow, and a dog bone. What more could this 3-year-old ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment