The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Big Sis Miss

Missy is a GREAT big sister, and believe me I had my doubts. But if there's one thing I should have learned about the Missaroo by now it's she can pretty much handle anything. I can't believe how much her life has changed over the last two years. From abandoned dog, to foster pup, to the love of my life, and now a big sister! Throw in a couple of moves and a few schedule changes and I am just amazed at how well she does with everything thing. ((I might just jinx it but she hasn't thrown up at all this year!))

Missy does very well when it comes to playing with Mister. The two of them run around and play like best buds. I thought at first she might try to hurt him, or overpower him, but it's all loose limbs and handicapped played for the Miss. Mister weighs in at about 8 pounds to Missy's 28 pounds. ((Will get the official results at next month's vet check up)) She even lets Mister bite her a bit! They also use the same chew toys! They take turns, and while Missy chews Mister investigates the rest of the apartment. Then Mister chews while Missy watches from a distance or patrols the windows.

As far as Mister's adjustment goes, there is an adjustment. He's pooped more times inside my apartment than Miss has outside. I'm not really sure what that's all about, but I'm hoping it's a getting use to our life and schedule thing. I am considering taking him and Miss through obedience classes again. Missy can attend for free through Petsmart so I would only be paying for Mister's classes and she can just tag along. I think it would be great for all three of us, but the problem is going to be finding the time. I might have to wait a few months for my work and school schedules to sort themselves out. Other than that, Mister seems to be getting along well in his new forever home. And of course, big sis Miss is doing swell too!

No comments:

Post a Comment