The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Fight Continues

WARNING: I'm about to get on my soap box. If you rather read about my adorable dog or one of our misadventures please skip down to another month. This is not that kinda blog post.

One of the reasons I have started to expand "The Missaroo" brand if you will, is to save lives. We all know by now she really saved mine. Now I'm determined to help save others like the Missaroo who aren't as lucky. I want you to know the fight continues, the battle goes on, and I haven't given up even if my words don't keep you updated.

The hardest part is I just don't know if we're doing any good. I am serious when I post on Missy's Facebook page. I try to find adorable animals ((that's the easy part)) who need to find forever homes. I hope someone out there sees those animals and if nothing else it plants a seed like "yeah, it would be good to have a pet." And hopefully that same person only thinks about adoption.

We are also trying to inspire others. When I share my story about the Missaroo my face lights up and I even start to cry sometimes when I think about those first few days of finding her and starting the adoption process. I know we have inspired at least one other person to adopt, I hope there are more we don't know about.

I've also been taking this mission of mine to the streets by finding out about my local shelter. Even if it is just a few hours a week, I walk doggies who are still looking for their forever homes. I wish I was doing much more than walking them too, but that hasn't worked out quite yet.

The hardest part is I feel like I should be doing more. I'm hoping that's what I'm ultimately doing by getting my Master's degree, working toward the world of non-profit. I want to help animals full time. And I want to be doing more right now. I'm just not always sure how to make the best impact.

Have you ever felt that way? There is this huge need in your heart to love something, but you just don't know how to do it yet? That's how I feel, on top of the whole waking up to something missing in my life.  I hope I'm helping someone or something out there. I hope Missaroo and I are making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment