The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Saturday, November 26, 2011

What a Great Idea!

I love when people find a way to help homeless pets get adopted. I mean like LOVE. The other day I was wondering through Petco foot loose and doggie free when I noticed something on the shelves that Missy would also L-O-V-E. Cats! SpokAnimal  has added cat shelving to the wall where cats are now up for adoption at the pet store. This is a GREAT idea. I know several other shelters have already done this and it's nothing really new but still great. I was happy to see it. Missy loves to say hello to the kitties at Petsmart every time she gets groomed. Now we can just walk down the street to say hello. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the display. I will get back on track with the pictures soon, I promise.

The reason I am so in love with this idea is because people don't want to go to the shelter. Period. End of story. They have this horrible impression of all shelters. There is a stigma against shelters and the idea of pound puppies. But take those same animals and adopt them out at the pet store and people just feel better about the idea. Same animal, same adoption, just different place. And it works! There is a group in LA doing this too the umth degree. They actually have a store in a strip mall where they sell adopted animals from the shelters. They average length for a stay there is 2 weeks! 2 weeks! That is amazing. Most animals average 30 days at a shelter. And I want to make it clear these are shelter animals. The shelters transport them and get paid. It's just another way to showcase these wonderful animals. This is so amazing I can hardly stand it. Anyone with a great idea like this is a great friend of mine and Missy's and Mister's.

No comments:

Post a Comment